Pre Surgery Instructions
Below is a list of pre-sedation instructions that you will need to follow before your appointment.
- BRUSH YOUR TEETH VERY THOROUGHLY the morning of your appointment. Remember not to swallow any of the water!
- DO NOT eat or drink anything 8 hours before your scheduled appointment.
- You must plan to have a responsible adult drive you to and from your appointment. Please plan to have someone stay with you to monitor you throughout the day of your surgery.
- Please dress in loose clothing with access to your arms.
As you are recovering from your procedure please plan for the following things.
- Sleep with your head slightly elevated.
- Have soft foods on hand. (ice creams, yogurts, broth and soups are examples of soft foods)
- Have plenty of ice packs available. Bags of frozen peas seem to work the best and they are easy to conform to your face and jaw.